The 1st Aftermath Post-Apocalyptic & Rat Rod Car Show will be held on Saturday, July 1st, 2017 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. CST at the Aftermath event grounds. Registration is $10 for each vehicle entered or free for spectators.
The 2nd Aftermath Post-Apocalyptic & Rat Rod Car Show will be held on Saturday, November 11, 2017 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. CST at the Aftermath event grounds. Registration is $10 for each vehicle entered or free for spectators. Your Aftermath weekend ticket will automatically include car show registration!
All form of motorized vehicles are encouraged to register for the shows, including cars, trucks, motorcycles, ATVs, UTVs, lawnmowers, tractors, or whatever else you can find! Land vehicles only, please.
Trophies will be given to the best in each of these categories:
- Best Replica (movie, video game, or other recognizable media)
- Best Engine
- Best Interior
- Best in Show – Car
- Best in Show – Truck
- Best in Show – Motorcycle/Other
- Best in Show – Original Creation
- Best Use of Rust
- Most Frightening
- People’s Choice
The rules are simple:
- No Turtlewax! This isn’t the type of show where you polish your paint and chrome. We’re looking for vehicles that look like they either survived the apocalypse or were assembled from scrap after the bombs fell.
- The use of plastic must be minimal and painted or distressed to look weathered.
- All mounted guns must not be operational.
- We reserve the right to turn anyone away for not staying in theme. We highly encourage all car show entrants to first submit pictures of their vehicle(s) through the Contact form.
And if you’re looking for some inspiration or a better idea of exactly what we’re looking for, check out our continuously updated Pinterest page: https://www.pinterest.com/afterm…/post-apocalyptic-vehicles/
Registration will run from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. while judging will take place from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. for each event. The awards ceremony will be at 4 p.m.
Photos of Wasteland Weekend 2016 by Joanie Pepin. Used with Permission.